Nature’s Bakery is proud to introduce Liz Lyles, our first athlete signed on to represent Nature’s Bakery brand and wear the NB Athlete insignia.
Who is Liz Lyles?
Liz is a mother of two, wife, pro female triathlete and fierce competitor out of Reno, Nevada. She debuted as a pro in early 2012 and quickly made her presence known earning 4th place in the Boulder 70.3 Half Ironman. As of most recently, through hard work and training, Liz secured her first Ironman 1st place pro title competing in Ironman Wisconsin in addition to setting a new run course record for the event with a time of 2:59:34.
Photo credit goes to - Ali Engin - www.alienginphotography.com
Liz is currently training to compete in the following upcoming events:
- Ironman 70.3 Austin - October 28th, 2012
- Ironman Cozumel - November 25th, 2012
These events are stepping stones to achieving her ultimate goal in 2013, to qualify for Hawaii Ironman World Championships.
Some of her past accomplishments include:
- 2012 Donner Lake International Triathlon- New course record 2:22:19 (old record 2:24:51 set in 2000) 1st place
- 2012 Ironman Wisconsin 9:34:35-(new run course record 2:59:34) Ironman PR 1st place
- 2012 Boulder 70.3 (4:20:52) Half Ironman PR 4th place
- 2012 Rock & River Half Marathon (1:19:16) Half Marathon PR 2nd place
- 2011 California International Marathon (2:50:41) Marathon PR
- 2011 Lake Tahoe Marathon (3:08:44) 1st Place
Recent Articles on Liz
- Reno Gazette Journal - TBA
- Ironman.com - Hoffman and Lyles Take Ironman Wisconsin
- Triathlon.competitor.com - Hoffman and Lyles Earn Ironman Titles in Wisconsin
We encourage you to follow Liz on her personal journey. And look for her in an upcoming article in the sports section of the Reno Gazette Journal. Below are some resources and links if you would like to get to know Liz. We are surely proud of her and honored that she wanted to represent Nature's Bakery and be our first NB Athlete.